"Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it." ~Unknown

Monday, May 30, 2011

Feels Like Summer Is Here To Stay

     When I woke up this morning, there was the vague feeling of a summer day.  Around noon, I met up with my friend Oscar, and we did something that only started happening on summer days after the invention of the Internet.  We took videos of normally normal things; birds in flight, bouncing tennis balls, a soda can being crumpled, a glass of water being chugged, with the goal of making a video of all of these things in reverse, this is what happens on summer days when kids are bored, and after a very long, very cold, spring, I think summer is finally here to stay.  Then again probably not.
     With "probably not" in mind, I'm going to make the most of this opportunity to grill.  We have Pork Links from Otto's, and I'm also going to make potato salad and coleslaw.
  
     The slaw is ready, the potatoes have finally finished cooking, and the grill is lighted.  Both of the recipes are from the yellow Gourmet cookbook.  We have finished with the potato salad, and so as I turned to write, Dad began preparing the condiments.  Every one of them.  All thirteen?!?!???   Recently we had trouble finding space in the fridge for our groceries.  The problem: the condiments took up to much room.  I think my parents are crazy.  No. Seriously.


  













 The sausages were good, but I'm not really all that surprised, we got them at Otto's, which is the third best hot dogs in America according to americasbestonline.com.  The coleslaw was lacking a little something, it was rather bland, but the potato salad was made up for easily, the bites with hard boiled eggs were the best.  And the summer weather helped.  Below I've got one of my friends "Reverse Tactics" videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment