"Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it." ~Unknown

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Return to Ribs


     It's been a heck of weekend for me, the past two days I've been up at 6 to go out to the East Portland Community Center, where I've been training to Lifeguard this summer.  By the time I got home today, around half past four, Dad and Cy had already fired up the grill, and put our dinner on it.  When I climbed out of the car, I could smell the smoke and the ribs.  They were excellent ribs.  It was a little hard to get the meat off the bone, but all the work was made up for in flavor and and the shear joy of getting your face covered in barbeque sauce.  We had watermelon for a sort of at-the-table dessert, it was a little out of season but still good.  And, the water helped to clean off our faces.  Now, we've got a real dessert, chocolate ice cream with hot fudge and bananas.
     There's something new about this blog post, one of my birthday presents was an amazing new camera, a Canon EOS Rebel T3i.  Of course, it did show up until earlier this week, so this is our first chance to use it.
  Below is a picture that has nothing to do with the food but thought it was worth sharing to show off the new camera.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment