"Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it." ~Unknown

Monday, January 16, 2012

Pizza Bread


     Snow was in the forecast for this weekend, and yesterday everyone was disappointed.  Today, I went to get my hair cut.  With my hair remarkably shorter, I left amid a flurry of thick snow flakes.  None of the snow was sticking, but after a few minutes it started to stick to the grass, then parked cars, and finally, when I was halfway home, pavement.  I kept walking home amid the beautiful snowflakes, and once I was a block from home the sun came out.  By the time I walked in the door, the snow was already starting to melt.  Now there's only a few piles of snow left in shadows, and since Mom and Dad put together an demanding meal last night, I've opted for something easy.  I remembered once, when, Dad was out of town, and Cy made toasted, melted baguette sandwiches.
     Dad went out earlier to get baguettes, but we had only three slices of salami, and Cy wanted to see Terminator 2 tonight so he went back out.  While he was out, I sliced the bread and grated the cheese, really the hardest parts of making these open faced cheese sandwiches.  Everyone filled their orders, and now it's just a matter of time.  They should be ready in a few minutes.
     The pizza bread was really, good, even when there was a small accident involving lots of cheese melting onto the oven's window.  After dinner Dad and I went to a reading at Powell's, it's good thing these were fairly easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment