"Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it." ~Unknown

Sunday, June 19, 2011















This Sunday was nice and busy but since Tucker is gone I will write the blog. Today is Fathers day so I made a simple roman dish that consisted of pancetta, egg fettucini, and romano pecorino cheese. It was a satisfying meal for the entire family (that's excluding Tucker because he is off lounging on the Costa Rican beach). And we had a delicious Spring salad from the garden with arugula and a little bit of bronze fennel which gave it a hint of licorice. As today is Fathers day, the family ate well all day - from peach pies to pancakes to pancetta. Yeah, lots of p's. Swim team starts tomorrow and that means early mornings then a harsh workout. Hmmm sounds fun, right? Well inspiring for sure, but fun? No way! Though one man's trash is another mans treasure, some times. Next Sunday I will have to cook again. Hurrah! more work for me, no I really meant it this time and come to think of it, I meant it last time too -- hard work really pays off. So now it all comes to this the blog, has come to seem like one of Aesop's tales, with a good ending and a boring moral. Dang, I knew I shouldn't have started to talk about swim team. Back to the food. I got my recipe, PASTA ALLA GRICIA from Mark Bitman, a favorite of the family on the New York Times website. Happy Fathers day!

1 comment:

  1. I beg to differ. On the 19th, I was walking around the crater of volcan Írazu. It was cold and foggy and three hours of short breath at 10,000 feet. But we could see the Carribbean and the Pacific (cool!).

    ReplyDelete