"Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it." ~Unknown

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Three Years of Dinners

Tonight: Burgers
     Three years ago this weekend was the first weekend of the blog.  In the past three years I've written one-hundred and fifty-four blog posts, and Cyrus and I have each cooked somewhere in the range of eighty meals.  We've made hamburgers, and pizza, crickets and pirogi, sushi and steak and squid.  Our dinners have coincided with the death of Osama bin Laden and a solar eclipse.  We have made countless memories.
     There is no better way to describe the last three years of my life than through the lens of Sunday Dinners.  Every experience, every memory of mine from the past three years happened alongside these once-weekly dinners.  When I was finishing middle school, I was making tilapia and a mango salad.  When I first got glasses we were making stuffed burgers.  After our trip to Spain we made catalonian food.
     The weekly meals have provided a regular event to connect our memories to.  Many of those memories, both directly and indirectly related to the food, I am sure I will remember for the rest of my life, and over the next few years I am sure there will be more well worth remembering.

No comments:

Post a Comment