"Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it." ~Unknown

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Last Thing We Want

     Yesterday Cy and I had our first swim meet of the season.  While we were crushed by our rivals (and my high school teammates), a better day could not have been picked for jumping into and out of a pool.  It got up to a sweltering 90º (though that's admittedly nowhere near the heat baking the East Coast).  Today has been much the same, though minus the pool.  With that in mind, Cy picked out a meal that wouldn't heat up the house, and would require minimal effort from our heat-addled brains.
     He and Dad mixed up some burgers and kale-carrot salad for us, and then we retreated to the basement, which is ten degrees cooler, and infinitely more comfortable, to eat.  The burgers were quite good, as they always are, though the kale-carrot salad left Cyrus, Dad and I rather alienated, Cyrus having added more cayenne pepper than called for, and more than any person in their right mind would put in a salad of that size.  I stayed away from the salad myself, additional heat being the last thing I, or any of us, want on a day like today.
     To save our laptop--and my brain--from overheating I'm going to leave it at that for today.  Hopefully the national heat wave will have cleared off in a weeks time.

No comments:

Post a Comment