"Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it." ~Unknown

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl XLV

     The last and only time we've cooked on Super Bowl Sunday I made pirogi.  Now it's Cy's turn to cook, and he's going to make what should be a fairly easy pasta because, while we love to cook and write about it, I missed the ads (the important part) and the game (the one time a year I actually bother to turn on a football game).
     The main course tonight is sort of pasta' n' cheese.  From Cy's description it should be cheesy fettucini.  For a side we are going to have a salad that Dad found in America's Test Kitchen.  It's a pear and cranberry chopped salad.
     Cy's been cooking the pasta, and I've been watching the game.  Right after the Steelers dropped what should have been an easy catch, Mimi said to me, "I don't like the orange and black combination on the Packer's uniforms."  Then she said our kitchen is orange colored.  Unless I'm color-blind, Mimi, the Packer's colors are green and gold.

     I was watching the clock tick down to half-time on the Packer's 21 to 3 lead, when Dad called me into the kitchen to get some pictures.  To my surprise, dinner was ready!  Then after I'd gotten a few pictures of the finished plates of food, Mom called from the living room to tell us the Black Eyed Peas were on.  Were did that time go?  Maybe it was just a short meal.

     The pasta was fine, a little spicy, as was the salad, though the little pear bites in the salad were excellent.  But the Super Bowl is on, the Ozzy Osborne and Justin Bieber ad was funny, ("looks kinda like a girl") and we have ice cream for dessert. Not a memorable dinner, but always a memorable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment